In the Storm

The other day we had some winds come through Dodge City.  That isn't really unusual, since we are the windiest city in the United States (take that Chicago) but these winds were exceptionally strong.  Gusts were up to almost 80 miles per hour, rain poured from the skies, thunder and lightning added sight and sound to the natural phenomena.  That was incredible, but there are other types of storms that people endure.
Storms of a spiritual nature are a part of life.  Sometimes things happen and it seems like there is no hope.  We run into troubles and situations that just seem to want to destroy us.  This also happened to me recently.  At that time I didn't grudgingly bow my head for a insincere prayer.  I cried out to God.  I was helpless.  I was without hope.
God answered in a mighty way.  Whether the answer in our storm is "Yes" or "No" we need to trust God in everything.  This has been a time of stretching and growing for me, and it was painful.  But the one thing I want to remember from all this is that I heard God speak to me.  I don't know how even, but I know that God asked me this question, "At what point did you think you were out of My hands?"
The answer, of course is never.  God showed me to trust Him in the midst of the storms.  My destiny is secure always when I give everything over to Him.  In your life I encourage you to take your eyes off of the storm and put them firmly on our loving heavenly Father.
Heavenly Father, thank you for holding on to us.  Your hands are strong, and they hold onto us even when we feel helpless, hopeless, and defeated.  Thank you so much for loving us so much!
Fire Student Ministries Youth Group meets Sunday evenings at 6:30 at the First Southern Baptist Church in Dodge City. Come check us out. First Southern Baptist Church is located at 3106 North 14th Avenue.

Comments