Fear Not!

Matthew 6:34  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Isaiah 43:1  But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

Psalm 23:4  Even though I walk through the darkest valley,I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 34:4  I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.

This world...even our little part of it in southwest Kansas...seems to be consumed with fear right now.  Coronavirus fear has gripped much of the population.  Events have been canceled.  Colleges have been closed.  Sports have disappeared.  Things like disinfectant, hand soap, and even toilet paper have disappeared from the shelves of our stores.   
Empty shelf...but God is still in control!

I am not trying to make light of this disease.  What I am taking consolation in is that God is still in control.  Worrying about coronavirus won't stop it from spreading.  We are in the hands of God, and nothing will take us from that safe place.  Even if things get worse...darker...our God will be with us and comfort us.  Take this time of being at home and seek God with your whole heart.  That is the only way to be totally delivered from fear!
Heavenly Father, you are awesome!  There is nothing that can stand against You.  No army, no weapon, no disease...nothing can stand against Your will.  We humbly come before You and ask that You protect us and draw us to Yourself.  We trust You during this time of uncertainty.  As we seek You may we be delivered from all fear.
In the name of Jesus we pray,
Amen

Comments

  1. Thanks for this post, John. This is a great opportunity for us to draw closer to God. In a way, less resources can mean less distractions. Let's take this time to press into our Almighty God.

    Tyler

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment