Looking at the Valley of the Dry Bones, Part 3

 Today we will continue to work through Ezekiel 37 as we look at verses 7 and 8.



So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone.  I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them.

I drum.  I do sound board.  I run the livestream.  I record the sermon.  I even preach sermons.  I...I...I...in case you are thinking that I am bragging I have done all of those things at times when I was in a sad predicament.  I was like the people in our passage...I looked like I was doing what God would have me do but there was no breath of life in me.

What is that breath?  What is the difference between a vibrant, growing Christian and one who is just going through the motions?  The answer is simple.  The Holy Spirit.  When we are filled with the Holy Spirit then our lives will reflect the true image of God.  You might even say, as we talked about in the last blog, that we will know who the LORD is!  

Let us be wary that we do not settle for the title of impostors.  We should demand of ourselves to truly dive in and experience God.  We should not just look like Christians.  We need something more.  We need the breath...the Holy Spirit...of God.

Heavenly Father, thank you so much for giving us discernment.  May we know when we and others are faking Christianity.  Lead us to praise you in spirit and in truth.

In Jesus name,

Amen

Comments or questions?  Put them below.  God Bless! 

Comments