Looking at the Valley of the Dry Bones, Part 4

 Today we finish our look at Ezekiel 37 as we examine verses 9-14.



Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, `This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.'"  So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet--a vast army.  Then he said to me: "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say, `Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.'  Therefore prophesy and say to them: `This is what the Sovereign LORD says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel.  Then you, my people, will know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves and bring you up from them.  I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.'"

Once again Ezekiel is called to do his part.  He is to prophecy to the breath and to ask it to come into the army of restored people.  Those people aren't complete yet.  They need breath in them!  Just like those people, we often seem to be just statues.  Whether it is when we are skimming the word of God instead of devouring it...or mouthing the words to a praise song without acknowledging the amazing awesomeness of our LORD...we can be just like those lifeless bodies in the passage.  

We are the people of God!  But just like the people in Ezekiel's vision we are too often seemingly content to sit lifelessly complaining about how our bones are dried and our hope is gone.  Thankfully God has given us the gift of the Holy Spirit.  When we praise Him in spirit and in truth we are opening ourselves up to what God can do.  He is the only one who can bring our dry bones back to life and fill them with meaning.  

As you attend your worship service, online or in person, I would like to encourage you to truly engage with God.  Give Him your attention, your worship, your heart...every part of you.  Let Him restore you fully.  As the song says...there ain't no grave that can hold the body down...this happens when we give ourselves to Him!  



Heavenly Father you are amazing!  I pray for each person reading this blog.  May they experience an awakening...a filling or refilling of their lives from YOU!  

In Jesus name,

Amen

Questions or comments?  Drop them below.  God Bless!

Comments