A Verse A Day

There is an old saying that goes, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away."  That may or may not be true, but I do know something that is definitely true.  Memorizing a verse a day will keep the devil away!  If, however, you are like me, then your memory may be failing a bit.  You walk into the kitchen and then wonder why you walked into the kitchen.  You make a list so you won't forget things and then forget where you put the list.  What is a wannabe bible verse memorizer to do?
I think I found an answer.  I have taken up writing a journal.  Each day I try to find a special bible verse in my reading and write it down.  Some that I have found recently are Psalm 13:5 and 1 Corinthians 15:58.  Writing down scriptures has been rewarding.  It really helps me to think about what is being said there, and later I can go back and reread the words that God has given me!
Whatever it takes, however you accomplish it, I would like to encourage you to make God's word a part of your daily life.  Memorize, journal, read, meditate...however you can experience the word of God is worth the time it takes!  God will reward your spirit!
Heavenly Father, I pray that you would give us a hunger for your word.  Let us never claim to have had enough.  Let us instead go back for another helping.  And another.  And another.  In Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you are in Dodge City and would like to attend youth group with us, feel free to stop by at 3106 North 14th Avenue.  We meet at 6:00 on Sunday evenings.  Find out more about us here.  Thanks, and God bless!


Comments