Just Reach Out

How long does any of us have?  I think that I blinked a little while ago and suddenly crossed the half-century mark.  Seems like just yesterday that I was in High School.  I am almost scared to blink again because I will probably find myself in a senior center or...well, I don't want to talk about that!  Still, life rushes by and I have found myself questioning whether I have really done my best.
I posted this on our Facebook page, but I will also put it here.
What if I told you there was a well-researched and statistically proven program that on average can:
  • increase the average life expectancy of your children by 8 years
  • significantly reduce your child’s use and risk from Alcohol, Tobacco and Drugs
  • dramatically lower their risk of suicide
  • help them rebound from depression 70% faster
  • dramatically reduce their risk for committing a crime
  • improve their attitude at school and increase their school participation
  • reduce their risk for rebelliousness
  • reduce the likelihood that they would binge drink in college
  • improve their odds for a “very happy” life
  • provide them with a life-long moral compass
  • provide children with a caring extended family
  • get them to wear their seatbelts more often
  • and will also statistically improve the odds that they will lead an active church life in their adults years
Is there such a program?
YES, there is.
The answer to the above is regular church attendance.  Regularly attending church will greatly improve your life.  Research proves it.  This is something that you can show to your unsaved friends.  It is not threatening and you never know...you might just help them take a step that will change their life...for God!
Heavenly Father, you are good.  Thank you for your church.  Help us to reflect your love on a dying and desperate world.  
Fire Student Ministries Youth Group meets Sunday evenings at 6:00 at the First Southern Baptist Church in Dodge City. Come experience the Fire Café, great music, supper (or dinner, depending on what you call it!), fellowship, and games. First Southern Baptist Church is located at 3106 North 14th Avenue.




Comments