Love

Does it seem to you like people are getting more and more rude?  The other day I was about run over by a big SUV.  The driver was busy texting or something and they turned into the street where I was holding up a stop sign.  Then they yelled something at me as they drove off.  I wasn't shocked.  It seems that people are becoming more and more narcissistic.  They care about themselves and that is it.  Other people are viewed as an annoyance.
Okay, so I struggle with this too.  I mean...how dare someone drive a little slower than me in front of me!  What possesses slow walking people to use the crosswalk in front of me?!?  Don't other people know how important I am?
Then that quiet voice reminds me to quit thinking about myself only.  I am supposed to be reflecting love...God's love...to a lost and dying world.  I can't do that when I am being selfish.  I need to be thinking of others and the way that I can love them.
The other thing that I have noticed is that Christians sometimes seem to take each other for granted.  It is important to remember that our brothers and sisters in Christ deserved to be treated with respect and love.  Nobody should ever want to leave a church because of the way they are treated.  Instead, we should be polite and kind to everyone who walks into our church doors.
Christ loves us so much that he died for us.  He longs for us to love others the way that he loves us.  It breaks his heart when we are rude and uncaring.
Heavenly Father, thank you for love.  Thank you for loving us!  Thank you for the privilege of sharing your love with others.  Help us to be role models of what love should look like.  In Jesus name, amen!
Fire Student Ministries Youth Group meets Sunday evenings at 6:30 at the First Southern Baptist Church in Dodge City. Come check us out. First Southern Baptist Church is located at 3106 North 14th Avenue.


Comments